Asset #21 Achievement Motivation—Young person is motivated to do well in school.
Monthly Challenge: Set a school goal with your child/children.
- Celebrate their achievements
- Share stories of your own struggles and encourage other adults in their lives to do so as well.
- Find their “spark” (what they are passionate about).
- Allow them to fail (this came from a student) and then talk it through with them.
- Connect with people who inspire them (teachers, coaches, etc.) to help motivate them.
- Encourage them daily.