Tips for helping young people succeed in school include:
• Joining the parent council at your child’s school
• Attending parent nights
• Regularly communicating with teachers
• Asking your child about what they are learning and looking over homework
• Speaking to classes about your career or special expertise. One of the most important gifts you can give a child is the gift of inspiration. Older kids have moved beyond wanting to be a fireman or the president and need role models to teach them about other career opportunities.
• Volunteering to help with sports programs.